Learn here most important general awareness preparation tips for Railway RRB Group D exam. In order to pass the RRB Group D exam, students should begin preparing now as the Railway Group D examination will start from second week of August, 2018. The number of vacancies available in this exam is 62,907. The entire exam will be in objective type form with multiple choices. The exam will constitute of 100 marks with the time period of 90 minutes. Please note that ⅓ marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
How to Prepare General Awareness RRB Group D | Exam Pattern
Before we start, let’s check the exam pattern of RRB Group D first. RRB Railway Exam Group D is divided into three phases:-
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification.
Computer Based Test (CBT) is further divided into four subjects:-
- General Intelligence and Reasoning,
- General Science
- General Awareness on Current Affairs.
In this article, we are going to discuss the preparation of General Awareness for RRB Railway Exam Group- D.
|No. of Question||
|General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|General Awareness on Current Affairs|
General Awareness Preparation Tips Railway Group D Exams
- With proper preparation and strategy, General Awareness can be proved as one of the most scoring in the entire exam. Unlike mathematics and reasoning, this section is purely based on knowledge and consumes much lesser time.
- To pass this section, students need to be consistent with their preparation as it can not done in one night. This section would cover 25 marks of the entire exam that carries approx ¼ weightage of the entire exam.
- In order to ace this section, aspirants are required to get familiar with the exam pattern thoroughly.The areas to focus on:-
|Ancient History||Medieval History||Modern History|
|Buddhism & Jainism||Establishment & Expansion of the Delhi Sultanate||European Penetration & British Conquest of India|
|The Mauryans||Mughal Dynasty||Indian National Congress|
|Indus Valley Civilization||The Maratha State||The Great Revolt of 1857|
- Solar system
- Latitudes and longitudes
- Physical Features Of India
- Agriculture In India
- Rajya Sabha
- Indian Constitution
- Vidhan Sabha
- Supreme Court
- Prime Minister & Cabinet Ministers
Current affairs of the past 4-5 months from the exam.
General Awareness Preparation Books:
- Book for Indian Politics- Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth
- Book for History- Lucent’s GK book
- Book for Geography- NCERT books for Social Science Class 7 to 10 and for Geography Class 11, 12.
- Current Affairs- Daily newspapers and magazines, Lucent’s GK book
Start making short notes on the topics given above as it will help in memorizing the facts. Solve as many mock papers and previous year question papers as you can for practice.