In this article you will learn how to prepare for General Science subject for railway RRB Group D exam. Students are requested to start their preparation now as the Group- D examination will begin from second week of August, 2018. The total number of vacancies available in Group-D posts is 62,907. RRB Group D exam will be in the form of multiple choice question consisting of 100 marks which is supposed to be completed in 90 minutes. There is a negative marking of 1/3 for each wrong answer.
How to Prepare General Science RRB Group D | Exam Pattern
Before we start, let’s take a look at the exam pattern of RRB Group D. There are three stages in Group- D
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification.
Computer Based Test (CBT) is further divided into four subjects:- Mathematics, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Science and General Awareness on Current Affairs. In order to ace the RRB Railway Exam, students are requested to prepare accordingly.
|No. of Questions||Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|General Awareness on Current Affairs|
Preparation Tips for General Science RRB Group D
- With proper preparation, General Science can be proved as one of the most scoring in the entire exam. Unlike mathematics and reasoning, this section is purely knowledge based and consumes less time
- In order to pass this subject with flying colors, aspirants are required to understand the exam pattern thoroughly. This section would cover 25 marks of the entire exam.
- The areas to focus on:- Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Life Sciences, Astronomy & Space Technology, Computer & Mobile Technology, Earth Science, Military Technology, Environmental Sciences, Inventions and Discoveries etc.
|Astronomy & Space Technology||1-2|
|Computer & Mobile Technology||1-2|
|Inventions and Discoveries||1-2|
- For better preparation, students are advised to cover science topics from NCERT books and make notes for revision.
- For practice, it is extremely important for students to solve mock papers and previous year question papers.
- Be consistent with reading newspapers and magazines to be updated with the latest science and technological information and inventions
General Science Books for RRB Group D
Here we are recommending some important books that cover major topics of General Science:-
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (Science Section)
- All NCERT books
- Science and Technology in India – Kalpana Rajaram.
With sufficient preparation, General Science section can turn the tables for students and help them immensely.